February 22, 2018

#starstruckQAL

The #plusblockQAL is nearing it's end. It's been a lot of fun. Even though I'm not going to finish my quilt any time soon, it's been really inspiring and rewarding seeing all the beautiful plus blocks and completed quilts. A fellow IG quilty friend messaged me a few days ago to see if I was planning another quilt along. She really enjoyed the process and wanted to continue using her scraps to make quilt blocks. The plus blocks were such a great block to make.  They were great for mindless, relaxing sewing. The blocks and quilts went together pretty quickly. Seriously...some participants made more than one quilt! Plus there's the whole #inspiredquiltproject thing where a bunch of really awesome, super generous quilters sent me plus blocks for the #GirlsIncOmahaQuilts. So...after a bunch of really great QAL suggestions, our next QAL starting mid-March will be STARS for the #starstruckQAL!



I will be making these awesome star blocks from a tutorial by Cluck, Cluck Sew. Wonky stars were also a popular suggestion (I LOVE wonky stars) so you can make those if you'd prefer. Wombat Quilts has a great, scrappy wonky star quilt block tutorial. But this #starstruckQAL is so laid back, that ALL star quilts are welcome! If you have a star quilt UFO or a star quilt on your quilting bucket list, now is the time to finish/make it! I hope you'll join in the fun. I'm really excited to start seeing stars very soon!

No comments:

Post a Comment